דרוש/ה ראש תחום תקשורת בין- לאומית
Head of International Press
Tel Aviv Global & Tourism is a municipal company at the Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality, leading the city's next quantum leap in the global arena. Our mission is to promote the city's vision as a "lighthouse" city with a global outreach. We are engaged in advancing tourism, international economic development, international communications and urban diplomacy for the benefit of the city and its people.
Tel Aviv Global & Tourism is now looking for the next Head of International Press. A person who will communicate and elevate the city's assets and promote its news to the world's leading media outlets.
Tel Aviv is full of well-known and untapped stories that draw the attention of hundreds of reporters based in the city and from around the world.
We are looking for the one who can bring them together and tell the story of Tel Aviv loud and clear.
Job description: Responsibility for managing relationships with foreign journalists and press outlets on behalf of Tel Aviv-Yafo Municipality and Tel Aviv Global & Tourism including:
• Proactively securing coverage of the city and responding to reporter queries
• Monitoring press coverage of the city
• Writing and distributing press releases
• Initiating, organizing and hosting delegations of journalists and bloggers
• Communicating events in the city
• Initiating and arranging interviews
• Initiating, organizing and holding press conferences and professional tours for influencers
• Responsible for day-to-day work with municipal communication teams
• Work with domestic and international PR firms
• Initiating, producing and marketing photo-ops
• Working unconventional hours
• Other tasks allocated by superiors, related to fulfilling the role and according to the needs of the organization
1. Bachelor's Degree
2. Native English and Hebrew speaker – a MUST
3. Three years of relevant professional experience in communications, public relations or journalism
Additional Desired Skills
1. Excellent ability of translation: Hebrew -English and English - Hebrew
2. Excellent writing ability of varied content such as op-eds, articles and marketing content
3. Experience working with international journalists
4. Comfortable and confident speaking on camera
5. Experience in production
6. Additional languages
7. In-depth knowledge of the city
This is a full time position in Tel Aviv Global & Tourism office at Tashach 2, Tel-Aviv.
CV in English and two professional writing examples in English can be submitted by: 10.7.2021, by e-mail: email@example.com